Roasted Poblano, Habanero, & Bi-Color Corn Relish
- 4 ears GloriAnn Sweet Bi-Color Corn, roasted/grilled and kernels removed from cobs
- 1 medium poblano pepper, roasted, deseeded & chopped
- 1 medium habanero pepper, roasted, deseeded & chopped
- 32 oz olive oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
1. Cut corn off the cob with a sharp knife making sure to get almost the whole kernel.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and serve on top of Fire Roasted Chicken Quesadillas.
Fire Roasted Chicken Quesadillas
- 2, 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8, 6-inch Flour Tortillas
- 8 oz Queso Blanco with Chiles and Epazote
- 1 cup grated Queso Oaxaca Cheese
- 1/2 cup pimento, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- Sea salt & fine ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Pound boneless chicken breast with meat mallet until 1/4 inch thin, lightly brush on both sides with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Put on hot grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, slice in thin strips. Set aside.
2. Preheat grill or skillet pan to medium heat. Place tortillas on a flat surface and divide the Queso Blanco with Chiles and Epazote, Queso Oaxaca, pimento, and basil among the tortillas. Top half of each tortilla with a single layer of sliced chicken and cayenne and fold in half.
3. Transfer tortillas to pan and grill until they start to brown and crisp. Flip and continue grilling until cheese is melted and second side is crisp.
4. Cut in half and top with Roasted Poblano, Habanero, & Bi-Color Corn Relish to serve.